Thursday, August 10, 2006

silly computers

i got discaplined at work today for something which was not my fault. i fill in a spreadsheet all day long with service users results and the computer kept telling me it had done some updates and wanted to restart. it asked if i wanted to wait until later and i kept clicking yes.ewhen i came back from deliverys all my whole mornings work had vanished as it had restarted.i am so angry and my manager was furious with me and thought i hadnot done any work. i am trying to get some training to do some exams right now so i can qualify for work in the labs but i am stuck in admin. and its all the fault of my stupid computer turning itself off without my consent. google ask broke this morning for 2 hours which made it very hard to look at the internet.


i found someone else had the same problem

3 Comments:

At 1:29 pm, Blogger Simon said...

Jesus saves.

 
At 1:07 am, Blogger bryan-in-greece said...

but the ref rules him offside...

 
At 1:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your own fault Roger, it's as simple as ALT+F S every few minutes.

Also, configure the Windows automatic update to download updates, but not to install them until you are ready. Your IT department should be able to do that / or have even done it already.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home